In order to increase the effectivity of their companies, business owners more and more often invest in the integrated systems of manufacturing products. Thanks to these systems, it is possible to perfectly connect particular computer networks with dependent executive points. What is CIM and why it’s worth using?
CIM – what is it?
CIM, which stands for Computer Integrated Manufacturing it’s a notion that appeared for the first time in 1981. It entails directly with well-known company Arthur D. Little, as it was introduced by one of the company’s manager. In a nutshell, CIM can be defined as an efficient and modern way of exchanging data, information and all of the auxiliary messages. As a result of using Computer Integrated Manufacturing, the administrators of a particular work establishment can efficiently schematize the network, that includes all of the beginning stages of company’s actions. Cooperation and organization consistent with CIM rules include beginning stages of orders or sketching of construction plans, purchase of proper supplies and, what’s equally important, conducting the quality control of services, punctuality of deliveries and correctness of issued invoices. Standardized computer system of managing manufacture and supply fluidity makes CIM a system that not only does significantly improve work in large companies, but also in small ones.
Component parts of CIM
In order for CIM to work in the most efficient way, it is necessary to implement rules of the optimal organization of the cooperation between particular elements of the integrated system. Thus, during the process of processing data, we can differentiate such subsystems techniques as for example:
- CAM – which includes the control of tools used for proper executing of manufacture planning stage and subsequently connecting it with the stage of manufacturing products;
- CAD – computer-aided design, is a main program used for creating initial drawings, modifications of parameters as well as descriptions of created making;
- CAE – special computer system that simplifies work related to engineering analysis, especially useful for technical features verification of the product;
- PPC – planning and controlling production, a superior system, which tests the range of execution of particular orders in every stage of production;
- CAQ – includes techniques and methods of computer execution of measurement processes and quality control procedures;
- CAP – controls planning of goods or labor, sets order of individual operations of production.
The advantages of using CIM
Using Computer Integrated Manufacturing system CIM allows you to perfectly conduct the whole production process. Thanks to CIM, it is possible to reduce costs incurred on preparing investments as well as minimising the input of labor and saving time. The efficient organization of computer networks mediated by CIM gives you an opportunity to obtain certificates that are accepted worldwide, which guarantee the highest quality of your products.
Functional system of manufacturing CIM is an ideal solution for entrepreneurs who are interested in organizing network for exchanging data in their companies. With computer-aided support we can gain a possibility to plan production and control the execution of its particular elements in a timely fashion. CIM is a concept, that makes an enterprise structure work significantly faster and more effectively.